Modern Foreign Language
The core language taught at Fitzwilliam Primary School is French. Our planning is based on the Wakefield scheme of work which covers all the components of the Programme of Study.
Our aims in teaching a language
- To develop an interest in learning other languages.
- To introduce young children to another language in a way that is enjoyable and stimulating.
- To encourage children's confidence and creative skills.
- To stimulate and encourage children's curiosity about language.
- To encourage children to be aware that language has a structure and that the structure differs from one language to another.
- To help children develop their awareness of cultural differences in other countries.
- To develop listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- To lay the foundations for future language learning.
Please contact Mrs Harrison if you require any further information regarding the School Curriculum.