Changes to the Law
The School Information (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 amendment sets out clearly the specified information to be published on a school’s website, or at least online. This is an important change to regulations and came into force on 1st September 2012.
The major change was that from September 2012 schools no longer had to publish an annual prospectus although we continue to do so as it forms part of the material for prospective parents, provides an overview of the school and in many cases is exactly what some parents want to see.
Replacing the requirement for a prospectus is a specific list of what must be published:
- the school’s Pupil Premium allocation;
- use and impact on attainment;
- curriculum by year and by subject;
- admission arrangements;
- policies on behaviour, charging, and SEN and disability;
- links to Ofsted reports;
- details of, and links to, performance data
- school's reading strategies
- sports premium funding