UPDATE 28th June 2020
If your child is attending school currently, please:
- make sure you have read all information, letters and the invitation shared carefully;
- make sure your children understand the information shared;
- arrive, promptly, on time for your allocated drop-off time to avoid congestion on the playground;
- follow the one-way system in and out of school;
- only fill water bottles with water - not juice;
- ordered their 'grab bag' in advance if they having a lunch provided by school;
- ensure your child wears a helmet if they are coming to school on a bike - they will not be permitted to do so otherwise;
Thank you for your support and understanding.
HOME LEARNING MENUS
Home Learning Menus have now also been uploaded to the website and e:mailed out for the forthcoming week.
Below is the link to the Government information for parents regarding schools during Coronavirus which is updated regularly:
HOME LEARNING MENUS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
We have now set up class pages where the Home Learning Menus can be accessed easily using the following link
If you think you might be eligible for FSM but have not applied, please follow the link to access the information and forms you need
This can then be completed and returned to the Free School Meals team.
The SAFEGUARDING page (Under the PARENT tab) is regularly updated with links to information to help keep yourselves and your children safe online during school closure.
If you need to contact school, please e:mail either:
with any queries or for information.
If you are trying to phone, or waiting at the gate, please be patient and a staff member will be with you as soon as they can.
Thank you for your understanding.
Please can we remind everyone that the advice from Government, reiterated by the Secretary of State for Education on Saturday evening, is to keep your children at home if you are able to. This needs to be the first priority in order to keep all pupils, parents, other relatives and staff safe and reduce the demand on the NHS.
Please refer to the flow chart in order to help make the right decision in playing a part in combatting the virus. The more pupils we have in school, the higher the chance of other children and staff getting the virus. Children staying at home can prevent this and further unnecessary strain on the NHS.
'Working and Growing Together'
- Welcome to Fitzwilliam Primary School's website. The aim of our school is to ‘work and grow together' to nurture our children to reach their potential and to become responsible, fair and active members of the modern global community. We hope that you will enjoy looking at our website and that it gives you with an insight into our school and provides the information you are looking for. Please do not hesitate to contact school on 01977 624490 if you require any additional information. Please click here for more information.
- Fitzwilliam Primary School is proud to be part of the Inspire Multi-Academy Trust. Please click on the icon at the bottom of this page to find out more details about our trust.
- Fitzwilliam Primary is proud to work with West Yorkshire Police and Wakefield Council as an Operation Encompass School. Please click on link for more information. https://www.operationencompass.org
Local Leader of Education
Requests for paper copies of any documentation published on the school website can be made to Mrs Harrison, Headteacher. There will be no charge for requested documents.
Safeguarding Officers: Susan Harrison, Paul Quarry and Tracey Morgan
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator: Vikki Scott, Contact 01977 624490