The Computing Subject Leader is: Mr Adam Stockhill
Digital Leaders are Max, Brooke, Daniel, Nicole
Computing at Fitzwilliam Primary School
Technology is changing the lives of everyone. Through teaching Computing we equip children to participate in a rapidly-changing world where work and leisure activities are increasingly transformed by technology.
It is our intention to enable children to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information. We also focus on developing the skills necessary for children to be able to use information in a discriminating and effective way. We want children to know more, remember more and understand more in computing so that they leave primary school computer literate.
Computing skills are a major factor in enabling children to be confident, creative and independent learners and it is our intention that children have every opportunity available to allow them to achieve this.
The national curriculum for computing aims to ensure that all pupils:
- can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- can evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology
Computing in the curriculum
- We plan using the National Curriculum.
- We enhance the curriculum using progression grids.
- Subject Progression grids are used to develop long term planning.
- Teachers use the long term planning to plan units of work and deliver individual lessons.
Please see schools Computing documents below including: intent, policy, progression grids, teaching sequence and scheme of work.
Please see the links below regarding how to use the internet safely. School has also uploaded a number of information guides regarding online activities which may be of use.
- FPS SDP 2020-21 - COMPUTING - Review - Feb 2021
- FPS SDP - 2020-21 - COMPUTING
- 2020-21 - COMPUTING - Policy
- Computing Policy 2019-2020
- Computing Intent and Implementation
- Computing Progression Grid
- Computing Scheme of Work
- YEAR 1 computing e-safety
- YEAR 2 computing e-safety
- YEAR 3 computing e-safety
- Year 4 computing e-safety
- YEAR 5 computing e-safety
- YEAR 6 computing e-safety
- SDP SUBJECT LEADER COMPUTING 2019-2020
- Parental Guide - Apple
- Parental Guide - Nintendo Switch
- Parental Guide - WiiU
- Parental Guides - Nintendo3DS
- Parental guide - Playstation
- Parental guide - xbox family
- Parental guide - xbox360
- Parental guide - xboxone