The Computing Subject Leader is: Mr Adam Stockhill
Computing at Fitzwilliam Primary School – Statement of Intent
Technology is changing the lives of everyone. Through teaching Computing we equip children to participate in a rapidly-changing world where work and leisure activities are increasingly transformed by technology.
It is our intention to enable children to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information. We also focus on developing the skills necessary for children to be able to use information in a discriminating and effective way.
Computing skills are a major factor in enabling children to be confident, creative and independent learners and it is our intention that children have every opportunity available to allow them to achieve this.
The national curriculum for computing aims to ensure that all pupils:
- can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- can evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology
At Fitzwilliam Primary School we recognise the fact that the effectiveness of any resource is dependent upon how and why it is being used. We are aware that clear objectives, direct teaching and good class management are the key elements of an effective Computing lesson. However, we believe that the appropriate use of good quality resources will enhance good teaching. Whilst we are aware of the limitations of any resource, the resources used at Fitzwilliam have been developed to enable children and teachers to participate fully in all Computing teaching.
Please see the links below regarding how to use the internet safely. School has also uploaded a number of information guides regarding online activities which may be of use.
- COMPUTING POLICY 2018
- Computing Statement of Intent
- Digital Leaders Photograph
- Parental Guide - Apple
- Parental Guide - Nintendo Switch
- Parental Guide - WiiU
- Parental Guides - Nintendo3DS
- Parental guide - Playstation
- Parental guide - xbox family
- Parental guide - xbox360
- Parental guide - xboxone
- Digital Leader Job Advert
- Safer Internet Day 2018_Safer Internet Day 2018
- PowerPoint - Year 4 Spooky Stories
- Safer Internet Day 2017 Year 2
- YEAR 2 Safer Internet Day
- Safer Internet Day 2017 Year 6