The History Subject Leader is: Mr Tim Downes
Subject Ambassadors are Annabelle and Tyler
The intent of our History curriculum is to deliver a curriculum which is accessible to all and that will maximise the outcomes for every child so that they know more, remember more and understand more. As a result of this they will
- Increase and develop their historical skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes.
- Increase their understanding of the present in the context of the past.
- Develop and use their skills in enquiry, analysis, evaluation, and argument.
- Develop their interest in the past, arousing their curiosity and motivation to learn.
- Develop a sense of identity through learning about the past.
The history curriculum
- We plan using the National Curriculum.
- We enhance the curriculum using progression grids.
- Subject Progression grids are used to develop long term planning.
- Teachers use the long term planning to plan units of work and deliver individual lessons.
Please see school's History documents below including: History intent, implication and impact statement, History Policy, History Progression Grids, History Scheme of Work and School development plan.
- FPS SDP 2020-21 - HISTORY - Review - Feb 2021
- 2020-21 - HISTORY - Scheme of Work
- 2020-21 - HISTORY - Progression Grid
- 2020-21 - HISTORY - Intent Implementation and Impact Document
- 2020-21 - HISTORY - Policy
- History Policy 2019-20
- History Intent Implementation and Impact Statement
- History Progression Grid
- History Scheme of Work 2019-20
- SDP SUBJECT LEADER ACTION PLAN HISTORY 2019-2020
- History Greater Depth