Parent Partnership at Fitzwilliam - 'Working and Growing Together'
Parental participation in school life is valued greatly and we recognise the positive impact parents have on the children’s attitudes towards their learning. School encourages parents to engage with school and plans a number of activities throughout the year when parents are invited into school to work with their children. (Please see the link below 'INSPIRE & Assembly Dates 2018-19' to find out about parent engagement activities planned for this year.)
The Annual Parent Questionnaire enables school to actively seek parents views about what we do well and also what we need to do to improve further. (Please see the link below - 'Parent Questionnaire' to read schools most recent questionnaire feedback.)
- Parent Groups
- School has a number of parent groups in school.
- Stay and Play - is a group for pre nursery children and parents. It is organised by schools Playleader and is open every Monday afternoon from 1pm. The group is free.
- FEET - (Families Enjoying Everything Together) is organised by Tim Downes, Foundation Stage Manager, for children to attend in the term before they start nursery. Parents are also invited to be part of this group. The group runs on a Wednesday afternoon from 1pm.
- Parents and Friends - is a group of parents who help school raise funds by organising events such as Christmas Fayres and raffles.
'Meet the teacher' transition meetings
Each class has a ‘Meet the Teacher’ meeting at the beginning of each academic year to outline:Homework expectations
- Class rules
- Curriculum content
- Planned educational visits
- Information about upcoming formal assessments
Thank you to all our parents, carers and families for all your ongoing support!
Should you wish to find out any further information about school or curriculum, please speak to your child's class teacher, who will be happy to discuss this with you.